Public Health England has published ‘Your baby carries a gene for sickle cell: description in brief’.
This leaflet, in English, French, Bengali and Urdu, can help healthcare professionals speak with parents about a baby carrying the gene for sickle cell.
The document includes information about:
- detection of the sickle cell gene
- what a sickle cell carrier is
- how having the gene affects the baby’s health
- how a carrier can pass on sickle cell disease
- what the baby’s family should do next
Read more here