This tailored review looks at Public Health England’s performance and effectiveness, efficiency, and governance. It examines:
- whether PHE performs necessary functions
- whether these functions are delivered effectively
- how issues are prioritised and how well PHE performs
- whether PHE is efficient and provides good value for money
- whether the governance processes are appropriate and effective
The main conclusion of the review was that Public Health England performs necessary functions and should continue to operate as an executive agency. The review report also contains recommendations to improve performance, governance and efficiency.
Full document: Tailored review of Public Health England