Health profile for England. A report combining Public Health England (PHE) data and knowledge on the health of the population in England in 2017.
This report focuses on the question ‘are we living longer, and are the extra years spent in good or bad health?’.
It summarises and interprets current trends in health outcomes in England, in particular:
- life expectancy
- health life expectancy
It explores the impact of risk factors on these health outcomes and considers how England compares with other developed countries. It summarises inequalities in outcomes and the impact of the social determinants of health.
The 7 chapters can be read alone or as a series:
- Life expectancy, healthy life expectancy and years lived in poor health
- Major causes of death and how they have changed
- Trends in morbidity and risk factors
- European comparisons
- Health inequalities
- Social determinants of health
- Emerging health protection issues
Full report available here